Vouchers make great gifts, whether they’re a treat for yourself or your pals. This guide will explain how to send a gift Voucher, how to use a gift Voucher and everything you need to know in between.
Sending Vouchers as gifts
How to buy Vouchers as gifts
- Pick your Voucher and tap Send this as a gift. This can be any Voucher available for purchase on ShopBack. Your friend does not need a ShopBack account to receive this gift. They’ll get it as a link that they can open in and use from a browser.
- Add your own flair! Personalize your gift by picking a design that suits the occasion.
- Fill in the recipient’s name and a note (optional, but who doesn’t love a special note?).
- Select how they’ll be receiving their gift:
- Through a web link you share with them - you can send this link to them any way you wish.
- Through an email to their email address - you can also schedule when to send this, up to 3 months in advance.
- Double-check the details. Before you pay, make sure all the information is correct. Tick the confirmation box when it all looks good and continue to pay.
- Swipe to pay. You can also use any available, confirmed Cashback to help pay for your Voucher.
- Complete your payment and you’re done!
Thanks for being a good friend. While your friend enjoys your lovely gift, you can enjoy a Cashback treat from us. A win-win situation!
Things to note
Finding the link to send
If you need to find the gift link again, go to Account → Purchased Vouchers. Look for the Voucher you bought and tap Share Gift Link.
Topping up value after purchase
Unfortunately, it’s currently impossible to add more value to a Voucher that’s already been sent as a gift. How about sending them another Voucher instead?
If you’ve received a Voucher
How to use a gift Voucher
1. Open your gift.
Let’s see what it is! If you’ve received it by email, tap “Open Your Gift” in the email. If you received it as a link from your friend, tap on the link. You don’t need a ShopBack account to use your gift.
2. Check your gift terms and conditions.
Read the terms and conditions of your gift carefully so you know how to use it.
- This includes instructions on how to redeem your gift online or in-store.
- Note the expiry date so it doesn’t go to waste. An expired Voucher is gone forever and can’t be reinstated.
- Keep the link safe - if shared, anyone could use it!
3. Enjoy your gift!
Don’t forget to thank your friend.